We are a proudly Australian owned small business and our beeswax wraps are hand made in the countryside of Western Australia.
Beeswax Wrap Instructions:
- Use the warmth of your hands to mold and shape your wrap over bowls and plates. Great when you have left over salad and food from lunch or dinner.
- Wrap left over fruits and veggies like half an avocado, fresh herbs, kale, shallots, breads, cheeses and pop them in the fridge.
- Our wraps will keep your food fresh and alive without drying out or building up moisture.
- Wrap your kids snacks in our wraps and pop it into their lunchbox. This makes recess and lunches fun and colourful!
- Wrap your sandwiches and snacks to work or when you’re on the go.
- If you make your own bread or ferments, our beeswax food wraps will create a waterproof barrier that isn’t airtight.
- This protects the fermenting veggies and your sourdough starter from external yeasts, while allowing them to breathe.
Beeswax Wraps Care Instructions:
- Wash your wrap using cold soapy water, rinse and air dry.
- Once dried, roll or fold your wraps and store in drawers to re-use it.
- Avoid using wraps on excessively wet items, hot items, raw meat and fish.
- Do not microwave, oven or dishwasher your wraps as this will melt the wax.
- If you find the wrap is a little dry or not sticking, fold it as small as possible OR scrunch up your wrap to reactivate it from the warmth of your hands. This will make it sticky again.
What Size Wraps Should I Use?
We have 4 wrap sizes, here’s a guide on what foods you can wrap at different sizes:
Small – 17cm x 18cm: Good for wrapping small cheese snacks, cut cucumbers, avocados, small cut fruits and vegetables, small rice bowls, trail mixes, small deli meats, half a lemon and to top jars.
Medium – 25cm x 25cm: Good for medium size cheese blocks, half cut sandwich, half cabbage, deli meats, medium bowls, medium salad bowls, a bunch of basil, coriander, parsley, over old tupperware containers (that’s missing a lid) and baked goods.
The medium size wrap is really the most versatile wrap size that can wrap most of your everyday food items and is perfect for children’s lunch boxes and work lunches. You can find our medium size beeswax wraps at a discount in our Kitchen Value 4 Pack.
Large – 35cm x 35cm: Perfect for large sandwiches, celery sticks, 1kg block cheese, larger bowls, dinner plates, cauliflower, melons, bread loaf, wrap flower bouquets and more!
Extra Large – 45cm x 60cm: Wrap a bunch of celery sticks, kale, shallots, long bread loaf. XL wrap sizes are made on the day when you order them so please allow 1-3 days for us to make them.
How Long Does Your Beeswax Wraps Last?
When you follow the simple care instructions mentioned above, your wraps can last anywhere from 6 to 12 months depending on how frequent you use them.
At that point, simple use our DIY beeswax wraps bar to refresh them and they will look good as new!